The software used to convert source code into object code is known as language translator.
There are three types of translators:
- It takes source program as a whole and convert it into object code.
- It generates object code fastly.
- It is not used for debugging (finding and removing errors).
- It takes each line of source program check it for error and then converts into object code.
- It generates object code slowly.
- It is used for debugging.
- It only change assembly language codes into machine code.
- It also have a de-assembler which convert machine language into assembly language.